Monday, April 8, 2013

Sample Books on Sale at Joann Fabrics

Joann Fabrics is selling their out-of-season and discontinued fabric samples at $2 each. 





These generous sample sizes can be used for all sorts of DIY projects. Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking they're perfect as pillow cases. The edges are finished with an invisible thread to prevent fraying. (It looks like thin acrylic thread to me.) Just to be on the safe side, I think I'll pick up some Fray Stop and trim with a coordinating ribbon or something to up the cute factor.


I picked up this assortment of samples, trying to stay within the same color family, to use as napkins and placements.  



The florals -- lighter in weight  -- I'll use for the napkins. 

The heavier fabrics (solids), for the placemats, are all from outdoor lines, including Waverly and Robert Allen @ Home. 

I think they'll make a great addition to our summer picnic basket.

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Corte Madera store has a great assortment of samples remaining. However, there are none to be found in the San Leandro store on Lewelling. I have to go to San Francisco tomorrow, so you know I'll check it out and let you know.


Address: 245 Tamal Vista Blvd, Corte Madera, CA 94925
Phone:(415) 924-8700
Hours 9:00 am–9:00 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment