Monday, March 18, 2013

My New Favorite Thing!

Michaels is clearing out some of its products, including its shabby chic Ashland accessories. 

PhotoCredit: SanFranciscoDays.com
The Queen of shabby chic, Ms. Rachel Ashwell, is extremely talented and I loved visiting her Fillmore Street (San Francisco, CA), pictured here. The store was a cool and restful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the Fillmore Street shopping district. I visited here a couple of times and maybe it was me but I found the staff snobbish and not very helpful. However, on a recent visit to the City, I was saddened to see the store closed.


PhotoCredit: fillmoreshop.com
Mureta's Antiques is one of my favorite Fillmore St. stores. They have a wonderful selection of vintage and shabby chic tea cups, which you can see here in the window.

I can't afford to buy shabby chic. I guess it takes a lot of money for new furniture and accessories to look old, lived-in and comfortable. So it was time for my happy dance when I saw Michaels was having a clearance sale on the Ashland line.  They were already marked down 40%, BUT Michaels had a four hour sale going on and everything was marked down an additional 15%. 

I picked up a pair of these quatrefoil candle holders.  They are my new favorite thing. I don't know if you're supposed to use them for potpurri or for candles. I put a pair of jar candles in them, also from Michaels. Caveat: Yeah, don't put the top on when the candles are lit. (I'm not pleased with the silver leafed lamp here on the entry console but can't figure out where to put it or if I should craigslist it.)

P.S.: Here a couple more little pretties I picked up at the Michaels sale. Although I think the birds will have to go back. They stare at me all the time and it's starting to freak me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment