Thursday, March 14, 2013

To Paint or Not to Paint?

 ... that is the question.


I recently picked up this dresser that I'm using as a TV console. I think it was $125 from our local St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop. 


It's perfect for its intended use but I like it as a TV console because the deep drawers hold the computer stuff, exercise discs and remotes. Right now, I'm looking for someone who can hinge the top drawer and will maintain the integrity of the piece. I simply hate the sight of all those blinking boxes.

I've thought about painting it but I love this original honey colored finish. I have all the hardware and there is nothing more serious than a couple of scratches on it. 

You've just gotta love those details!
Here's my conumdrum ... I love painted furniture because the newest colors, glazes and washes which are so inspiring. But, I'm afraid paint will take away from the natural beauty of this piece.

So what do you think? Give it a facelift or a makeover?

P.S.: Here's a guide, titled "When To Paint a Dresser & When Not To" I ran across which gives me something to think about while contemplating to paint or not to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment