Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Sweet Little Darling

One of the best things about living in a college town is when the semester changes and loads of new and used unwanted furniture turn up at local thrift stores.  Occasionally, little goodies can also be found sitting next to the dumpster in our apartment complex.  That's where I spied this wonderful little side table, neglected and dejected.  More importantly, FREE!






It was covered in black paint, which covered white paint, covering (ugly) green paint.

I used two kinds of stripper, steel wool, my little multi-purpose stripping tool, elbow grease, sweat and tears before it got down to this.  I finally used my handheld sander to clean up the rest.  

More hard work than changing a tire!

Then, it was time for the world-famous miracle in a can, Zinsser Cover Stain.




Oops, don't know what happened to the pictures.  Will have to reload.  But, here's one of her glamorous glams.  I used Rub & Buff to bring new life back to the feet and wipe on poly for a nice hard finish.  I think she's a beaut.  


I used two coats (sanding between) of Churchill Hotel Vanilla (spray) paint from Valspar.  It's a warm creamy color and is fast becoming one of my favorite colors. 

And, speaking of Rub & Buff here we are applying it to the foyer wall of my BFF's apartment.


The stencil is from Hobby Lobby. This was so easy and the result is (IMHO) stunning.


No comments:

Post a Comment