Tuesday, May 21, 2013

UPDATE: My Master Bedroom

I am making (slow) progress in updating my bedroom.  I've returned the Nate Berkus pillows with the Greek key trim to Target. Love 'em but they weren't comfortable as a cushion. 

I am working hard to create a balance that's neither too masculine or too feminine. And this pillow from Target is my new inspiration.  I particularly love the blue.


With my 20% off coupon in hand, I traipsed over to Jo-Ann fabrics for something to coordinate with the pillow.  

From the HGTV fabric line at Jo-Ann, there's this:

HGTV's Poppy Power Lemonade
and this:

HGTV's Jagged Edge Lemonade

This is in the running the winner for the updated chair cushions and curtains.  It's from Waverly's Sun n Shade line.

Rosette Lemon

And for pillows, I found this pair of striped fabrics. The yellow one is from Jo-Ann, but I can't find the name or description. The ticking fabric is generic but I think I got it from a store in Atlanta.







Don't know if I'll use all of these fabrics, but I think they are a great starting point.  

AND

Stopped by K-Mart the other day in search of a drop cloth. In the same aisle, I found Rustoleum's paints on sale, both spray and liquid at  $1-$2 less than what you'll find at Home Depot.  I picked up two of these, for this craigslist find.



Here's my inspiration.

betterafter.blogspot.com


And, my brass lamps are almost complete.
 


I'm off to a good start and am happy with my progress.

Smooches and thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment