Thursday, December 27, 2012

Out With The Old, In With The Old

My Christmas PJs.
 As 2012 prepares to wind down, many of us are making plans for 2013.

Along with the new year come the ubiquitous resolutions to lose, quit or find something.

This time around, I'm doing things differently. Instead of throwing out the old to make room for the (unknown) new, in 2013 I consciously choose to hold closer the people and places who mean the most. However, there is one promise I am making to myself in the coming months.

A little background ...

My daughter and I were outside Target yesterday when I warned her to watch out for the puddle of water ahead about 15 feet. Her response,"Mom, sometimes instead of looking so far ahead, why not concentrate on what's in front of you, that way you won't worry so much." (((Do I have a smart kid or what?)))

So here's my 2013 promise to me, myself and I. To spend less time worrying about the future and more time appreciating the present! It's gonna take some time because it means breaking old habits. But that's the beauty of growing; it means trying 'till you get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment